Morally Conscious


Logo Design by FlamingText.com

I highly recommend Ella Free's website FFTI: Freedom For Targeted Individuals
This website is amazing and comes with lots of information for people from credible sources. It's one of the best I've ever seen and Ella is a really great Podcast host as well!!!


Sunday, August 16, 2015

Channeling My Inner David Geffen Today


Every once in a while, I have a day, like today, where I am getting over being a bitter 48 year old bitch and I have to take stalk in whom I've become, whom I want to be more like and whom I've known that guides me in that direction.

So you read above about stepping on the sand and walking on my beach and it reminded me of the dolphins in Laguna Beach, California.  I don't know if most of you have ever been there, but if you haven't, I can tell you that the epitome of Southern California is an Eagles album, Sound Vibration music store, The Bead Shop and brunch in Laguna Beach.   One of the most pleasant memories of Laguna is sitting in my hotel room, right on the beach, at the Boom Boom Room watching the dolphins play in the water while I sipped coffee and listened to the ocean.  I call this kind of memory, "Channeling My Inner David Geffen"; a local resident of the community there and avid beach lover.

Beyond being one of the most influential men in the gay community, D.G. is a friend of this project, and a friend of my extended family of team members.  Easy going, hard working, sports loving and someone to look up to as inspiration.  I think that when you grow up gay and spend the first half of your life just trying to survive, you start off in a sort of cultural hole unless you are lucky enough to live in a community that supports your lifestyle; in which case you learn to thrive and grow faster than anything you could imagine.  Leaving my small hometown for San Diego was probably the biggest and most successful personal growth experience I could have ever had.

David Geffen was quite different.  He was motivated.  He knew what he wanted and worked hard for it early.  His success at an early age when being gay wasn't the way it is now, afforded him the position that our community needed.  Someone to look up to that could play with all the boys, not just the gay ones.  Our community has had its successful people, but they needed one that cared.  That's why I like David Geffen.  His success translates into our success.  His opinion mattered, people listened and his voice was heard.  That's the kind of trailblazing that helps equality.

Now that our community gets closer to even, we have another responsibility outside of our safety.  That responsibility lies with country and allegiance.  We have to accept our role as equal partners in the success of our country and our people, even when we don't necessarily see eye to eye on some things.  Every sector pulling together to find a more Utopian way to exist.  The LGBT community then becomes part of the American ideal and that, in turn, makes us equal.

We have our heroes, we need more.  I'm hoping to add Christopher, myself and my friends to the list of people in our community that do good for the community of America.  Everyone deserves to be counted.  Thanks David.  Enjoy your Sunday at the beach!!!