Morally Conscious


Logo Design by FlamingText.com

I highly recommend Ella Free's website FFTI: Freedom For Targeted Individuals
This website is amazing and comes with lots of information for people from credible sources. It's one of the best I've ever seen and Ella is a really great Podcast host as well!!!


Tuesday, January 24, 2017

This Song Means The Most To Me And My Friends Who Suffer From HIV/AIDS - Thanks Josh and Tyler We Love You!


So, I just cried.

twentyone pilots is on tour again and, of course, I miss Josh and Tyler, who wouldn't? Then, of course, there are the new videos coming out and they are playing "My Chemical Romance's" cover of "Cancer".  If you know the song and you know how I first heard it, you know that I've told them that this song has so much meaning for me because when you find out you have HIV, like my friends all do that are electronically harassed.  Your first thought is, "I'm going to die".   The song is about a person that knows that feeling.  We all do that are living this crime.  I remember this feeling well.

I've told Josh and Tyler this.  It's about not wanting to kiss people you love because of the feeling of it being the "last kiss" and feeling like you've failed.  You feel like you failed them.  You lost the game of life. Here you are dying while they are left to watch you.  Is it the last time?  It's a feeling  that, when you get that diagnosis, you feel like you are going to die.  We all remember that feeling when you hear it.  Back in 1987 when I tested positive, it was the feeling.

Now it is different, but this song brings back so many memories.  The memories of not wanting to be that person that failed my family.  Whomever it was in My Chemical Romance that wrote it, knew something that someone else knew.  It's a beautiful song and this performance and cover does so many of our friends that died of AIDS justice.  It is a triumph for those of our friends that lost their lives that fought so hard to live.  I'm so proud to have known them.  I miss them so much.  I miss my friends that took those horrible drugs and told me not to see them while they slipped away so that I could remember them healthy.

This is a tremendous performance.  I just want you all to spend just one second thinking about someone that you love that has passed away today and loving the moment that they knew that you were someone that they were going to miss from their life...it's so important.  

Thanks, Joshy, thanks Tyler.